.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hutch's Diary

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Er. Harsh Acharya

OOOPS.. .. my last post was in December, writing a new post after such a long time but with a great news

Yeah.. gave my final presentation of my final semester project which i carried out at Space Applications Centre of Indian Space Research organization. So now became an Engineer :) A good experience overall.

I observed a premiere government organization so closely. Some points I can make

:)
  1. Great research work
  2. New emerging concepts
  3. Great enthusiasm in scientists
  4. Good team work
  5. Good Cooperation
  6. Disciplined
  7. Clean and neat premises
  8. Well maintained services like water and canteen places
:(
  1. Slow processing
  2. Slow providence of resources
  3. Poor command and control

I worked on design and development of a new two way communication standard from European Telecommunication Standards Institute, France. The standard is called Digital Video Broadcast - Return Channel via Satellite ( DVB - RCS) .

DVB - RCS is a twao way audio, video and data communication standard with 45 Mbps forward channel and 2 Mbps Return Channel.

I worked on this project with two more guyz from Ahmedbad studying in L. D. College of Engineering. Shouryamoy Das, basically from Delhi and Deepesh Nambiar. Both were from Electronics and Communication Branch and were too enthusiastic to learn software development concepts.

We worked on Linux platform and GNU C complier with POSIX multithreading and Message Queues as our tools for multiprocessing and Interprocess Communication respectively.

I worked with ISRO from 9th January to 30th May. Had my final presentation and viva on 30th May. My viva lasted for 45 minutes. I was asked pretty good quetions for which i had my answers ready :).

So now, a new life's gona start. I m flying to US on 8th August for my Master's, joining Mays Business School of Texas A & M University at colllege stationm, gonna carry out my Master's in Management Information System.

So, m having two months vacation, gotta spend my first week at ISRO to finish off fine tuning of my project and then i will start my shopping, packing, meeting family/frenz.

Jus in 2002, I had joined my colg. Time went so fast that i cant still beleive that i am done with my engineering. Can't forget the days when we were searching for the road to our canteen and seniors taking our ragging in college bus. In Second year, feeling like grown up babies goin ahead on our knees. Later in third year, giving advices to our juniors and in last year harrassing our teachers and taking punga with them by compalining bt some of them to our Head of Dept :).

Hey SVIT !!! I am gona miss u !!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home